Information Technology Ministry
The information technology ministry and charge exists to aid in proclaiming the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The Information Technology (IT) Ministry is responsible for overseeing all technologies utilized at St. Nectarios Greek Orthodox Church, Palatine IL. It provides strategic visioning, development, and operational support to the Church and it's community. Thus, the mission of the IT Ministry is multifaceted and includes:
- Developing and implementing the Church's overall technology strategy and strategic plan
- Overseeing and approving all technological development, applications and services for the Church
- Evaluating emerging technologies
- Generating technology policies and procedures
- Setting and enforcing digital graphics standards
- Establishing technology standards and compliance guidelines
- Creating secure, reliable and effective information systems within the Church and it's community
- Maintaining the infrastructure that supports those systems
- Providing technical support to the Church office, ministries, departments and who use those systems
The fulfillment of this mission involves assessing the technology and informational needs of the Church as a whole, recommending, and implementing solutions to meet those needs. The IT Ministry is responsible for all computer operations and systems at the Church. Coordinating technology efforts in the various departments, organizations and institutions is also a focal point for the ministry in order to provide standardization of technology and improve the speed, efficiency and accuracy of information shared and disseminated.
The St. Nectarios IT Ministry works closely with the Archdiocese Department of Internet Ministries, which is the department directly responsible for digital ministry to the parishes and parishioners of the Archdiocese.
Interested in more information or joining the IT Ministry ? Great, we welcome your help!
Contact Mr. Gus Menoudakis, Mr. George Mathias, or Fr. Chris if you are interested in helping.
He can be reached via email at email@example.com
by calling the Church Office at 847-358-5170 Mon-Fri 9:00am-4:00pm